With a links course sculptured from the sand dunes on the southern shores of Dingle Bay, Dooks, established in 1889 and Kerry’s oldest golf course, has often been described as one of the gems of Irish golf. It is an established part of tours of the famous links courses in Southwest Ireland.
Fully owned by its 1000 plus members, Dooks is a vibrant club, rich in history, and famous for its friendliness, hospitality and lively club atmosphere.
New Opportunity: Manager
The successful candidate shall report to the Management Committee and shall be responsible for the overall management and development of the Club’s operational, commercial, golfing and social activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven management and administrative ability.
- Excellent leadership skills, must be highly motivated and energetic with a demonstrable ability in leading the club forward in achieving its ambitious development plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, people management, organisational, marketing and financial management skills.
- Strong IT and social media skills, knowledge of golf software systems would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Experience of managing hospitality would be a considerable advantage.
- Experience in sports (particularly golf) recreation would be an advantage.
- A knowledge of Personnel Management and Health & Safety legislation will be required ensuring all appropriate policies and procedures are in place.
- Flexible approach to working hours including weekends and Bank holidays with the ability to work under pressure.
An attractive remuneration and benefits package will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Dooks Golf Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications with detailed CV to be posted or e-mailed in strict confidence to:
The Chairperson, Dooks Golf Club, Glenbeigh, Co. Kerry / Email: no later than 17 April 2023.